
for mrs v
Originally uploaded by maple's mama
Ah, Maple. You are a wonderful artist. This morning before school, you said you needed to draw a picture for your teacher, Mrs. V. You do this almost every morning, and every drawing is a masterpiece of whimsy and wit. Usually you ask me to fold it up like a neat business letter and put it in an envelope, but this morning you didn't have time. But I took a picture of it. I think this picture depicts your teacher on the left (she has black hair) and you on the right, with your blond hair and bangs.
Today was not such an exciting day for food, but I did remember my thermos full of Kukicha so I had the warm earthy drink at work. I forgot my leftover lentils from last night, but that's okay because I will get to eat them tomorrow. For lunch today I heated up a Fig soup (split pea) but it was awful, and the Raw bar I had in my desk was sort of rotten, as many Raw bars are, unfortunately.
Breakfast was nice - an almond milk smoothie with banana, blueberries, and Chia powder. GOD LOVES CHIA POWDER. I forced Maple to drink a tiny cup of smoothie because she needs to have fruit at least once a decade.
Tonight we ate at Dah Mee, the local mixed Asian place. I had Vegan Chap Chae - a Korean noodle dish with vegetables. Sean and I laughed about the high pressure tactics a real estate agent tried to use on us, then we ordered Maple a second helping of appetizers and smiled at the fact that we've been together for eight years today.
Being with Sean makes me so happy. Every day I get to be with him is a blessing. I love that he is the one I get to talk with, about all the little things in life. I love that we get to plan and strategize and talk shit and laugh and cry together. I am really lucky and I know it.
1 comment:
Congrats on 8 years! I like the picture.
Post a Comment