

Dinner tonight was a Hail Mary Save The Greens night. We had kale in the fridge that was starting to get a little wilty, and broccoli that was staring to pale. I used my little brighten-the-kale trick - pull the leaves off the stems in rough pieces, submerge them in a bowl of cold water with a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, and soak while I'm doing the rest of the dinner prep.
I made polenta and sauteed broccoli with capers and red pepper flakes in garlic and olive oil, then when the broccoli was just on the verge of tenderness, I threw in the kale (after rinsing once with fresh water). It turned out okay - a little bland, but some Himalayan Pink Salt at the table and a sprinkle of yeast flakes helped.
Last night I was too tired to post, but Sean made an awesome dinner: quinoa, sauteed bok choy and Gardein Beefless Tips. He threw in some asian flavors like soy sauce and Mirin, and it was seriously good.
No comments:
Post a Comment