We're relaxing on the couch in our new place, watching BENTS and listening to the atmospheric street noise outside. It's taken two days of massive effort, but our space is habitable and cool. We went to IKEA yesterday and bought a new LACK tv table (our old one was trashed and it didn't fit the space). Today we got some new pillows. The kitchen is all set up and put away, ten loads of laundry are done, the bed is made, the books are mostly on the shelves, and I am finally relaxed, which is a welcome change from the stress bender I've been on for the past two days.
Sean is very happy to have his 1971 edition of the Oxford English Dictionary back, as well as his eclectic music collection (stored on his mac, which is not a laptop and has been in storage for the last 6 weeks). We haven't bought our AppleTV yet, but that will really help our music situation. Sean's iPod died a month or so ago, so we don't have any way to listen to the music on the stereo, but the 160GB AppleTV will store all our music, and we'll be able to watch all our favorite tv shows, commercial free, from iTunes.
We are also going to get this. We have a bright red couch, and the walls in our apartment are terra cotta colored, which looks sort of weird unless it is obviously intentional, and with the rug, it will look intentional.
Maple has finally gotten over her obsession with the plastic boob (the bottle). She quit about three weeks ago, but she continued asking for her bottle a few times a day. Today when we unpacked her bottle, she got all excited, but I reminded her that bottles are for babies. So she said, "I give it to the baby!" We think that is a great way to put the bottle thing to bed for good.
Tomorrow we'll continue unpacking and cleaning, and then we're going over to my brother's family's house for a Labor Day cookout. I think we've arrived!
3 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS O'CALLAGHAN'S, WE'RE SO HAPPY FOR YOU, GOOD LUCK!!
Is there a carbon monoxide leak in pittsburgh? I think you left your caps lock on! :)
oooh, you have to let me know how the rug works out! I've pondered the FLOR catalog many a time. however, I can't help but look at my IKEA furniture and then get a little uneasy about a rug that I have to put together myself... case in point, I once tried to replace the headliner in my car and if I learned one thing from the experience it was measure the hole for the sunroof before you cut it. oopsie.
congrats on moving into your new home!!!!
Post a Comment