i was born on a sunday

I had more cramps yesterday, and last night started having lower back pain. I even had a couple of things that seemed like mild contractions, but they haven't progressed into anything regular or strong. I was hoping to wake up to some ragers, but no such luck. I told Maple that I was born on a Sunday, so this would be a good day for her, but I don't think she heard me. She was too busy wrapping her foot around my spleen. Kids.

We bought the world's dorkiest fan yesterday -- it looks like a knockoff of the monolith from 2001. But it is nice to have a fan to move the hot air around. Sean is in the garage doing some male nesting, and I am about to relax with my tattered copy of Spiritual Midwifery. At this stage of pregnancy, reading hippie birth stories is like eating a giant piece of chocolate cake. But without the heartburn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Portia! You should have been born in the 40's so you could have been the "real hippy" that I never was. Today's the day, Maple. Love, Mom

archives