still no syrup or tree

Today I mopped the floors. This would not be newsworthy for most people, but this is the FIRST TIME I HAVE MOPPED SINCE WE MOVED IN. I can just see you all dialing Child Protective Services and demanding that they take my baby as soon as she's born so that she can go and live with people who mop their floors on a regular basis. In my defense, we sweep a lot, but I have had this mental block about mopping. Anyway the fricking floors are clean now so everything is fine and the baby can be born already.

Aside from the fact that the baby's head is so low that I can feel her ears when I walk, I'm not having any signs of labor. I didn't wake up last night with cramps like I did the past few nights. There is no "show" or anything else that would indicate that the baby will ever arrive.

On the positive side, the Battle of the Buldge, in which I test my will against the dwindling elasticity of my skin, is in a holding pattern. No new stretch marks and still none on my belly or tattoo. Unlike most women, I have gained most of my baby weight in my ass, and hey, I don't have to see it, so who cares.

I am still experiencing the morning meltdown, but it doesn't seem to last very long. Yesterday I learned that the city had sold a big parking lot to a developer in order to build condos and retail space. This is actually great news for the city, but for some reason I exploded into tears when I read about it in the paper. I have some great memories of PARKING THERE with Sean when we first met, and the idea that the parking lot would be gone was devastating. When I say "PARKING," I mean just that -- parking the car. It's not like we had any "special experiences" in the parking lot or anything. But from my reaction, you would have thought that we'd gotten engaged, married, and conceived our child in the parking lot.

Today I went the traditional route and decided that no one loves me and I will be a terrible mother. But then I took a multivitamin and suddenly the dog's poop smells like roses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. Just enjoy the last few days of life as you've known it. It will never be the same. But it will be wonderful if she's anything like you which of course she should be! Love, Mom

archives