T-7 and counting

I took the dog for a walk on the trail and had the odd sensation that I was walking around Maple's head, like I'd stuffed a cabbage between my legs. I had some back pain too, but it doesn't seem like pre-labor, just the baby moving down. She is probably still posterior (facing front instead of facing backwards) so maybe the back of her head is rubbing against the back of my pelvis.

Right now she's moving around a lot, and I'm having that low "bulging" feeling again. This started yesterday and is quite odd, like an involuntary reverse kegel. My feet seem to be much less swollen than last week -- probably because I'm at home now and not sitting at my desk all day.

I'm watching some stupid TV (The NEW Crimestoppers!) and practicing putting Pearlie Ann (the cabbage patch kid) in the sling. It's very hard to get a doll into this thing, I have no idea how I'll do it with a baby. I see a steep learning curve for all sorts of things in my future.

In addition to all my other paranoias (paranoia that the birth tub will leak or otherwise ruin the hardwood floors, paranoia that I will go into labor at the exact moment the jackhammers begin resurfacing the road, to name two), I am paranoid that Maple will come out a boy and we will have to figure out what to name him after he's born. We originally were going to name the baby Basil if it was a boy, but I'm not sure about it now. I guess that would be a good project for today: come up with backup boy name.

No comments:

archives