Maple finally fell asleep about 20 minutes ago, after tossing and turning and cooing at me. She tries to get me to play with her when she's tired, and I have to feign sleep to keep her focused on sleeping. Now I'm reading my favorite crafty blogs, thinking about my 5-year plan, and trying to ignore the fact that I'm hungry and there's no food in the house.
I'm nearly 100% better after my recent bouts with "the ms." The most annoying remnant of my disease is not that I often stumble over my words, or that I tend to get dizzy when tired or dehydrated. The most annoying thing is that I can't eat with chopsticks anymore. I guess the fine motor skills required to coordinate their movement is beyond my grasp, haha. This really annoys me because there are so few things that I'm really good at, and eating with chopsticks used to be one of them.
In other news, I'm glad to announce that I don't have cancer. I found this lump where there shouldn't be a lump, but my primary care person says it's just in my skin. Basically, I have a boob zit. I should have known. I used to think that I would be immune to any other serious illness now that I have ms, but then I read an article about a woman who was diagnosed with primary progressive ms and breast cancer at the same time. Lovely! Apparently you are even more likely to have cancer if you have ms. It turns out that my hypochondria is just good sense.
Sean is gone at the motorcycle rally and we miss him. It's kind of fun to be on our own, for about 10 minutes. After that I get tired and wonder where the hell he is. But he'll be home on Sunday, and the amazing Zychs (sounds like a circus family) are going to watch Maple for a few hours tomorrow so I can have some time to myself. I am really lucky to have met Hillary and her family. It's rare to meet "together" people on the left coast, ("together" meaning reliable and accountable), so I'm very glad about being friends with them.
I think I'll go sit on the couch and try not to watch all the remaining episodes of project runway before sean gets back. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment