We spent last night in Bismarck, ND, and it was uneventful. We had a horrible dinner at a giant Mexican cafeteria. And the internet did not work in our hotel room.
Tonight we are in downtown Minneapolis, at the Radisson. "It's a Radisson, so you know, it's pretty good." We just had dinner at Chambers Kitchen, another one of my father's excellent finds. Sean said it was better than the Desert Bistro, and I would agree that it's at least on par with it. We started off with soup. I had a tomato soup with basil and sourdough toast, and Sean had a coconut chicken soup that smelled great despite the dead bird contained within. For dinner, I had crispy tofu with radish and ginger, Sean had beef tenderloin with creamed basil, chili, and lime, and Maple had broccoli, baby corn, and ginger fried rice. For dessert we had warm chocolate cakes. It was really really good.
Tomorrow we are headed east again, either to Chicago or east of Chicago, we haven't decided yet. Anyway I'm exhausted and it's time to veg out in front of bad tv...
ps. Sean and Maple and FINGUS just got back from their nightly constitutional. Maple was holding the leash and walking FINGUS and telling everyone she saw: "I'm walking FINGUS. I'm moving BOSSTON."
No comments:
Post a Comment