blogging at work

I just created a blog at work. They have everything set up so you can easily blog at work, via the internal website. I can't provide a link to my work blog, so I'll just post the content of today's installment here:

This is Friday, and I’ve survived my first week at [company name deleted]. Most of the first week is about getting to know how the basic things work: finding people in the facebook, getting your computer set up, meeting your teammates. I like to start new adventures, so it’s no surprise that I’m happy and that I like it here. But I am a little bit shocked (if that’s possible) but just *how much* I like it here. For years I’ve been struggling to combine my background and love for engineering with my passion for usability and good design. Each job has been a compromise, providing either too little techy stuff or too little usability. At [company name deleted] I feel like I’ve found the perfect balance between the two.

I’m also shocked at how central user-centered design (?) is to everything here. Developers, managers, and marketing people all share a focus on the user, and it’s a very knowledgable focus, if that makes sense. I won’t need to “sell” usability here, which means I have more time to actually *do* it. And that makes me happy. And I can also write code! This is great.

2 comments:

emjaro said...

just cause you have a work blog, don't neglect your regular reading audience here!

wow, the new job sounds really great. sounds like a perfect fit for you - can't wait to hear about your continued adventures.

The Man Inside Me said...

Seriously, you've got west coast peeps that want to gleam the high life of you east coasters.

archives