We just had the best dinner. For some reason I have a ton of energy today, which I attribute to the last two hours of my work day, in which I wrote a little MATLAB code to do something really dumb but fun. I love writing code, even though I suck at it and I formally gave up doing it years ago (except for some HTML stuff I did at my last couple of jobs). Anyway I wrote this dumb little program to average little squares of a photo (you can specify the size of the square), and it was so much fun that I've been on a high all afternoon. It doesn't take much, people.
Maple and I are sitting on the couch watching Larry David. Oh and the dinner, it was great. We had lentils and rice (which were cooked with cinnamon, freshly toasted cumin, and other spices), and collard greens, sauteed with a spicy marinade. (Can you saute something in a marinade? I don't know if that's technically possible, but whatever). I usually don't have much energy after work, but today I cooked up this fun, slightly labor-intensive meal, and even cleaned most of it up. Dishes!
Sean is sleeping, resting up for our big day tomorrow. Maple is falling asleep to the episode where Larry steals a doll head and transports it in his pants, getting an awful crotch rash in the process. I am going to read some exciting work stuff and pretend to be way, way smarter than I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment