Maple is potty trained. It happened early last week, let's say September 16th. Sean told her she could wear underwear to Munchkin class (her 2-hour, twice a week preschool class). I freaked out and insisted in my cautious, life-negating way that she might have an accident and so she should wear a diaper. But Sean convinced me that she was ready to try (he has a sixth sense about these things) and so she wore underwear, didn't have an accident, and has been wearing underwear ever since. She is a little afraid to go #2, so I think she's been holding it in, but like Sean says, "She won't win." So instead of worrying about this, I will just trust that it will work itself out. Ahem.
We are in the midst of the first wave of fall sickness. People started getting sick about a week ago at work, and Maple's cousins are just getting over being sick, and Maple has some sniffles and a cough but it doesn't seem to be really taking hold. Sean and I have thus far avoided it altogether. It must be my superpowered white blood cells. I hardly have any of them because of my MS medication, but they work like gangbusters.
I have no meetings for this whole morning, which is very exciting. So I thought I'd blog. It's been forever. Things are going so well that I have nothing to complain about, and therefore nothing to write about! We love living in Natick, we've lost weight, we're exercising and eating really well, and I keep catching myself thinking, "Wow, this vacation is really great." And then I realize that I'm not on vacation, that this is my life. Very nice. I'm walking to work (4 miles a day) which makes me feel good and is so nice. Sean, Maple, and Phoenix go with me most days, so we can talk while I'm commuting. I also started doing hot yoga (despite all the MS experts saying I should avoid heat) and we're jogging a few times a week. I started jogging last Thanksgiving and I could jog for about two minutes, and then I'd walk. Last week I went for a 45-minute run! So it's taken a bit of time but things have gotten better. Sean gets up at 4am (!) sometimes and does a spin class. He also does hot yoga twice a week and swims and runs. And Maple does her Munchkin class and yoga class too. Don't we just sound like the picture of health? (Oh yeah, except for that brain thing.)
So we've been eating great. Sean makes vegan scones almost every day -- blueberry, chocolate chip, and plain. In the last week we've had black bean taboouli, roasted squash with coriander seeds, tofu curry with brown rice, and pasta with a raw tomato/basil/caper sauce. Great, now I'm hungry!
My mom was here for a visit last weekend, and we had a great time with her. We even brought her back to the Ethopian restaurant that she and Sean and Maple were eating at when she was attacked by her pinched nerve, so now she has some good memories of that place. We walked all around Boston and shopped. And Maple ventured out of the family bed to sleep with Grandma for three nights! She's a very independent girl.
Last night she and I were walking Phoenix in the common and she said "This is fucking fun!" And I said, "Right on."
No comments:
Post a Comment